Saturday, December 24, 2011

I am new to motorcycles and i was wondering if i should get a Kawasaki 600 or a Suzuki gxr 600? please help ?

If it's going to be your first bike, I wouldn't get Neither!





They are very serious track ready bikes, that have snap throttle, wicked acceleration, and super fast and unforgiving manuvering for new riders.





I would look into a good condtion used motorcycle. If you want a Sport Bike, defidentley look into something a bit more forgiving, like a Ninja 250, or even a bit larger Suzuki GSX 500. Both will do near 100MPH, and are much easier on a new rider.





My first bike was a Suzuki S40 Cruiser, after 10 Months, I sold it and got a new GSX 650F. Very nice bike. But I lost over $3000 selling the S40. So defidentley look into good used bikes, their out their I should no :(





Take a motorcycle safety foundation Basic/Beginner riding cource. They provide the bike and most will have a Ninja 250 to learn on. It's 3 days, and the info can save your life. I swear by them.





Peace out, and ride safe.|||jesus, talk about the blind leading the blind





1. don't get a new one, your only going to scratch the **** out of it when you drop it anyhow (and if your new that will happen).





2. it's your money, if you don't want to waste it on a putter like the ninja 250 or gs500 then don't, let your wrist be the control not the bike. you can drive a fast bike slow but you can't drive a slow bike fast, just be responsible.





3. I've never liked kawasaki because of their looks and the fact that they're the slowest (admittedly by a very slim margin) but they just never held any appeal to me. Furthurmore I've seen more Kawis break down than any other brand (save harley davidson) lol. In addition I rode the local track and the colorado mountains this year for about 8000 miles total. During that time I witnessed three riders go down right in front of me, all three were riding kawasakis, I'm not saying that kawis crash more, I think it just says something about the people that ride them, it seems like every time i'm on a ride and there's a kawi there I don't want to be behind him and his chicken strips are huge!





4. of course it comes down to personal preference, I'd tell you to go for the gixxer hands down, but if you like the looks of the kawi better get that one. Both have performance far beyond your ability, if your that impartial I'd probably just wait and see which one you can get a better deal on.





5. Take the class and WEAR A HELMET, don't be a statistic.|||would have to agree with other posts re: sportbike for a new rider.


you'll do better to learn on a smaller cruiser style bike, that way you can get the motorcycle "mechanics" learned.


a sportbike would be a little too much for a new rider.


maybe try a suzuki savage or intruder.|||Listen to Vulpix ... about starting small and starting off with the MSF class.





My SV650 is a debatable good first bike and it has roughly 30 less hp than your typical 600. I can out accelerate almost any car on the road and it doesn't take much at all to be well above the speed limit.|||If a ZX6 versus GSX600R they are about the same/equal. sit on both and ride both, what ever is a better for you and your wallet is the one to get.|||if youre new to bikes dont get a sports bike you will kill youre self. they are not very forgiving. once youve got some experience then go for the gsxr there wicked and fast as hell.|||which you can afford

No comments:

Post a Comment