Friday, December 16, 2011

If i finance a motorcycle through kawasaki will i have to have full coverage on the bike?

i want to be able to put liability on my bike during the winter when i am not driving it. is this possible if i finance through the kawasaki dealership itself??|||I got my bike financed through GE Money Services and I got everything insured except collision (which I probably really need to add on). So I was not required. My insurance company is Progressive. I think it all depends on the amount being financed, age of the bike, and the rider's driving record/risk factors. It only cost me $250 per year to insure the bike and I ride it year round here in North Carolina, less in the winter. Get an insurance quote, you aren't obligated, and you'll know then for sure.|||In other words (what I perhaps really meant to say), if you get a bike financed, you don't exactly have to get full coverage. Typically on brand new, expensive bikes. Liability will do fine in most cases.

Report Abuse


|||Kawasaki and Suzuki do not require full coverage when you finance through them as long as the total finance ballance is under 10k.

Report Abuse


|||if your having it financed you'll have to have full coverage ,I am paying $321.00 a year for a 07 sportster with full coverage in California check with Foremost Insurance that is who I am with|||i don't know if kawasaki has financing itself. But they will definitely try to get financing for your through a third party company. You will have to get full coverage on the bike. It just the way that they financing company will lend you the money.|||yes,because t he insurance company,don't know when you might ride it.THE INSURANCE HAS A INVESTMENT.and they are going to make sure


they get;s it's moneys worth.|||Any type of financing where you use the bike as collateral for the loan will require full-coverage insurance.





You are better off obtaining a personal loan from a bank (with other property for collateral...or none if you have a good standing with the bank). This way you can buy the bike outright and then you need only have liability coverage.





Believe me, any difference in interest rate will be more than compensated by the lower liability-only insurance.|||yes you have to have full coverage on everything you finance.|||Full coverage will be required until the loan is paid off.|||probably so, but it only cost me around $300 year on my R1 for full coverage. It was my secondary vehicle.|||Even if you are not riding, the bike is a liability because all motorcycles can be picked up and stolen. Also, be sure to get gap insurance. Do NOT get gap through the dealership if it is possible to get it through your insurance agency. The difference in cost is significant. I think it costs me about $36 a year- the same as the gap insurance on our car. Gap insurance on the car through the dealership was $367 a year- dang near what we pay for 6 months with full coverage AND gap.





The cost difference for us is nominal- and we can get out and scoot anytime we like.|||You have to have AT LEAST liabilty insurance on any vehicle you use on the road whether you finance it or pay it off cash. That's just a state law in most, if all, states. It has nothing to do with financing itself., but more that they probably won't sell a bike to you unless you meet the minimum state auto insurance laws.





I don't see where the bank would care if you have insurance or not anyways. As soon as you sign the loan papers, you can total the bike as soon as you leave the dealer and you will still have to pay off that loan and then you will WISH you had full coverage because the loss is coming out of your insurance coverage or your pocket....not the bank you financed it through..

No comments:

Post a Comment