Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is a Kawasaki Ninja 250r a good bike for a 16 year old?

I am 16 years old and am getting ready to get my license and my motorcycles endorsement. Is the Kawasaki 250 Ninja a good bike for me to start out with and keep for a few years, and will my insurance payments be low??





I am not looking for anything to go fast, so a 250 is fine for me I would figure, I don't need anything that will do over 120mph.|||I bought an 09' 250 two weeks ago. I'm 22 and it's my first bike. They are not ugly in any way if you go with the 08+ styling, and they still go 0-60 in 6 and under which isn't horribly slow. I love my bike and will keep it and buy a 600 down the line in a year or two. Your insurance will not be as low as you think! I thought it would be greatly cheaper than my blazer, but it's not. Just make sure to put it under your father's name to keep it down. (On my 09' 250r I pay 95 a month) Hope this helps!|||if you never rode a bike, then yes, its a good starter bike. there are others that are better, but if you like the sporty look, then the 250 is good enough to learn with. keep it in good shape, and take it easy on it, as in the future when you wanna trade it in/sell it, it will be worth money.


they are not fast bikes, and not that great for 2 people, but to learn on, yes.


your insurance will vary. could be $50/month-$250/month. you have to check your local insuri guys.|||You may be restricted to 250cc in your state, to begin with. Its probable that you will pay more to insure a sport bike, than a cruiser.





I don't have any experience with the Ninja but


my kid has a 250cc VStar that is plenty of bike for commuting to the next town, 24 miles away. It will do 70 mph, no problem.|||a 250 would be good but being that ur 16 ur probably gonna grow a little bit, just go for a zx6r. the 250 r ugly and have no power. u will get bored fast. just go for the 600 and take it easy until ur comfortable with the bike which wont take long trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment